How will you store your preserved heirloom?
Properly storing your preserved gown is important. Store your gown in a cool, dry, and dark area. High humidity and/or heat make basements and attics an unsafe environment to store your gown. Every year or so, you should take your gown out of the box and inspect it for any areas that may begin to yellow. This also keeps the gown from retaining any permanent wrinkles from being folded for long periods. Be sure to carefully refold the gown back into the same box it was in.
Kite's Basic Preservation Package
- Inspection of gown for spots, stains, trim and needed repairs
- Hand Cleaning
- Unique anti-sugar stain treatment
- An acid-free, archival quality wedding chest with viewing window
- Gown is protected with acid-free tissue paper
- A lifetime, international guarantee
Kite's Diamond Preservation Package
- Everything in our Basic Preservation Service
- In place of the viewing window, the gown is wrapped in a de-sized, unbleached and washed muslin liner which helps keep moisture away from the gown
- One pair of white cotton gloves to handle the gown for future inspections